Building Use Fees
Building Use Requests
"Cornerstone" (Room 215) is a double room without tables but they can be added.
The "Boardroom" (Room 216) has a long table and comfortable chairs.
The "Gathering Place" is a multi-purpose room with AV/Media capabilities and kitchen facilities.
The "Library" (Room 218) has a small tables, two sofas and comfortable chairs as well as books and a TV/DVD player.
Room 202 is a double room with a long table and chairs.
Room 200 has a table and chairs.
Groups more than 10 must fill out a Pender UMC Special Events Request Worksheet at least 2 weeks prior to the event and submit the form to .
This much time is needed because your event will be forwarded to the Arlington District for approval by District Superintendent Sarah Calvert.
All people attending meetings or events at Pender must fill out the Health Evaluation Form at least four days before the event.
This form is on page 2 of the Supplemental Materials for the Special Event Requests Worksheet.
It is important to note that:
- The group leader must reserve one of these rooms well in advance. Let us know in the description area how many people attend your meetings.
- Please wait until your meeting has been approved before resuming meetings. Do not assume just because you fill out the form that you can meet at Pender.
- The group leader should check to make sure his/her key to the church works - most were turned off at the beginning of COVID. Contact Joyce to turn your key back on.
- The leader must keep a list of all attendees for contact tracing purposes.
- Masks are currently optional.
- Bathroom use should be limited. (Wipe down surfaces after your visit).
- No shared materials are permitted.
- NO food or drink.
- Do not move the tables or chairs.
- Wipe down surfaces before you leave.
- Be sure to turn off the lights and socially distance when entering and leaving the building.
Online and off-campus meetings need to be on the church calendar to be reported to the District Offices.
All events run by the Fairfax County school year, so it is time to renew your ongoing meetings.
Please take a moment to check here. If your meeting is not listed, it's time to request a time for the next school year (through June 2022.)
PUMC members may add events to the Church calendar. Log onto MyPenderPage, find "Events" on the menu bar, then "Calendar".
On the right top, click on "Add Event" to add it to the Pending Calendar. You will get an email when your event is approved. You cannot add an event to a room that is already reserved for another meeting.
Download a copy of the paper form here:
Pender-Supported Groups such as Scouts, may use the form below:
For non-Pender Members, make your request below