We need to grow our AV team!
Have you ever wondered how Pender Church produces our online live streaming services?
Who runs the soundboard, slideshow, and camera, and what are their responsibilities?
If you are curious or interested in volunteering to help with the online production of our church services, please attend an AV rehearsal on Thursday night at 6:00 pm
Teens are welcome!
Backpack Blessings Ministry: GBE Back to School Stock Up
GBE Backpack program is back with a need to support 50 students each week. We have 3 ways that you can help support this important ministry.
- Visit the table in the church lobby beginning October 2nd, select a Shopping bag based on the attached shopping list (please note approximate cost to purchase items is included)
- Sign out the Bag # that you have chosen on the sign-up sheet and please include your email address (This way we can keep track of the bags and send out friendly reminders and important information regarding our packing schedule)
- Take the bag and list home and have fun shopping
- Return the shopping bag, list and items to the designated container in the narthex no later than Sunday, October 16th
- Purchase one of our main dish items online by using our Walmart wishlist: https://www.walmart.com/lists/shared/WL/8392a76c-8d9f-4ca4-bfef-e110aa1fe3d6.
It can be delivered directly to the church (no more carrying these heavy items) Please be sure items arrive at the church no later than Sunday October 16th
OPTION #3 -
- Make a donation to help sponsor a child or children and we will do the bulk shopping for you. Donations can be made online using your mypenderpage or by writing a check and specifying it go to the line item: GBE Backpack Program
If you have questions, please contact Ann Hines or Jami Flemmons.
Thank you for supporting this ministry in our community!
Brian is looking for voices to join the choir! Please contact him (below) and let him know you are interested. Handbells will be taking a break this summer, but look to the fall for those signups.
College Students/Young Adults
Do you have a heart for young adults, newly away from home We would like to start a ministry to reach out to college kids - sending them a card, filling care packages and covering them in prayer. This won’t start until the fall, but we’d love to have people on board for this.
We’re in Need of Digital Missionaries!
Pender has an exciting new outreach tool and we need your help to launch it!
You may have noticed our Facebook page has had some new activity. Every day, we’ll be posting an inspirational, scriptural or conversation post to help our Facebook page reach more people in our community.
Here’s how you can help! Go to our Pender Facebook page and check out our daily posts. The more you like and share our graphics, the greater our reach and impact can be on Facebook!
When you share our daily graphics with your friends, they’ll see the posts in their newsfeeds as well. Not only will your Facebook friends see our church name, they can then like, share or comment on the image, giving Pender the opportunity to reach those that are hurting, need some encouragement or don’t know Jesus yet.
As you share the post, please take a moment to pray for those who will see it. Pray that they will be encouraged and challenged. Pray that God will use these simple posts to draw others closer to him. This is a great way to be actively engaged in praying for our friends who may not be Christians or go to church regularly.
Share our inspiring daily posts every day or as often as you can to help us reach new people in our community and help introduce them to Pender.
Do you have a green thumb? (Can you keep a plant alive?) Let Cheryl Moxley know and we’ll share with you what we have in mind. Essentially, we want to beautify the outdoor entrance and we need someone to help keep the plants thriving.
Join us in worship with the young men and women at the Fairfax County Juvenile Detention Center.
You may feel like your individual participation doesn’t matter, but it does! Over and over again, the staff tells us how we make a difference in the young men’s and women’s lives and the lives of the staff!
This is not a commitment to sign-up for a firm date, but please indicate the months you might be available.
It is always on the 4th Sunday of the month at the Fairfax Juvenile Detention Center from 1pm to 2pm.I'm Interested!
Operation Christmas Child
Pender will be packing shoebox gifts this fall for Operation Christmas Child, and now is a great time to purchase school supplies!! It can also be a good time to find summer toys on clearance and even socks in back-to-school sales. Packed shoeboxes and items will be collected in late October through mid-November.
Pender will be packing shoebox gifts for Operation Christmas Child, and there are many ways you can help!
- * Pack a box with your family or small group! Boxes due Nov. 20th. Info in the Narthex or at www.samaritanspurse.com/occ
- * Donate items for shoeboxes, such as: small toys, washcloths, school supplies, hair accessories, kid's jewelry
- * Donate towards shipping costs, $10 ships one box, please add OCC to your memo
- * Sign up to help receive shoeboxes from the community,