Adults at Pender
We’re a place for men of all ages and places along their faith journeys to connect with other men, learn from other men, and serve alongside other men in our church, our neighborhoods and our world.
We have any number of ways to get plugged in:
- Connecting with other guys informally through a variety of activities;
- Spiritual Growth through weekends away, Bible studies and small groups;
- Serving others through volunteer projects in the church, community and beyond.
There’s a place here at Pender for every man to connect, grow and serve.
The women of Pender's UMW care for our church, and each other, as we walk with Jesus. Pender UMW's mission is to support Pender's women on their spiritual, social, emotional, and physical journeys.
Pender Women of the Year Luncheon. Photos from Women of the Year luncheon. See them here.
Additional Circle Meetings, UMW socials and other events will be listed in the Women’s Ministries section of the Sunday bulletin and the monthly Women Connected newsletter.
Our Vision Statement: The United Methodist Women of Pender seek to connect all of Pender’s women to one another in an open, supportive network of Circles, ministries and activities. We facilitate opportunities for friendships to grow and spiritual faiths to deepen. We strive to practice utmost hospitality in our meetings, our church and our community. We support a variety of missions in our local community and beyond to spread the joy and good news of Jesus Christ.
Each year we host a variety of events to support our mission and our theme:
- Prayer breakfasts with guest speakers,
- Luncheons to celebrate our Woman of the Year and to share fellowship,
- An on-site retreat in the fall to focus our spiritual growth,
- Seasonal events such as the Christmas Brunch,
- And two or three events to raise funds that support missions efforts locally and worldwide.
There are four Circles that consist of small groups of women who meet monthly in fellowship and service to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. The Bessie Gooding, Mary Martha, Ruth, and Susanna Circles meet at the church or occasionally at a member’s home. Women who are unable to participate in Circles are welcome as constituents at all UMW events, and new members are always welcome!
The Prime Timers are recently-and-not-so-recently-retired-aged folks, though anyone can join in the fun! We generally meet every month to share a meal or activity.
In non-COVID times, the Romeos meet at Bob Evans on the second Tuesday of every month.
In non-COVID times, the Juliets meet occasionally.