Building Use Fees
Building Use Requests
We can now have some small groups (less than 10 adults) meet in person at Pender.
Three rooms have been set aside for meeting at church.
Cornerstone (Room 215) could hold a group of up to 17 with no tables. (We are still only allowed to have 10 or fewer adults per room though).
Room 202 could hold a group of up to 8 with tables.
Room 200 could hold up to 4 people with tables.
Groups more than 10 must fill out a Pender UMC Special Events Request Worksheet at least 2 weeks prior to the event and submit the form to .
This much time is needed because your event will be forwarded to the Arlington District for approval by District Superintendent Sarah Calvert.
All people attending meetings or events at Pender must fill out the Health Evaluation Form at least four days before the event.
This form is on page 2 of the Supplemental Materials for the Special Event Requests Worksheet.
It is important to note that:
- The group leader must reserve one of these rooms well in advance. Let us know in the description area how many people attend your meetings.
- Please wait until your meeting has been approved before resuming meetings. Do not assume just because you fill out the form that you can meet at Pender.
- The group leader should check to make sure his/her key to the church works - most were turned off at the beginning of COVID. Contact Joyce to turn your key back on.
- The leader must keep a list of all attendees for contact tracing purposes.
- You must all wear masks all the time.
- 6’ physical distancing must be maintained at all times.
- Bathroom use should be limited. (Wipe down surfaces after your visit).
- No shared materials are permitted.
- NO food or drink.
- NO singing.
- Do not move the tables or chairs.
- Wipe down surfaces before you leave.
- Socially distance when entering and leaving the building.
Even though the Pender building is still closed to most events, Zoom (or other online) meetings, still need to be on the church calendar.
All events run by the school year, so it is also time to renew your ongoing meetings.
Please take a moment to check here. If your meeting is not listed, it's time to request a time for the next school year (through June 2022.)
Log onto MyPenderPage, find "Events" on the menu bar, then "Calendar".
On the right top, click on "Add Event" to add it to the Pending Calendar.
You may also request a room now so that it will be available to you when we are able to return to church.
Joyce needs to be aware of all Pender events and meetings, no matter where they take place, to report to the District Offices.
PUMC members may add events to the Church calendar.
Log onto MyPenderPage, find "Events" on the menu bar, then "Calendar". On the right top, click on "Add Event" to add it to the Pending Calendar. You will get an email when your event is approved. You cannot add an event to a room that is already reserved for another meeting.
Download a copy of the paper form here:
For non-Pender Members, make your request below