GBE Backpack Blessings Meal Program
GBE Back to School Stock Up Pender is partnering with Greenbriar East Elementary School again this school year to provide weekend food bags to students.
GBE Backpack program is back with a need to support 50 students each week. We have 3 ways that you can help support this important ministry.
- Visit the table in the church lobby beginning October 2nd, select a Shopping bag based on the attached shopping list (please note approximate cost to purchase items is included)
- Sign out the Bag # that you have chosen on the sign-up sheet and please include your email address (This way we can keep track of the bags and send out friendly reminders and important information regarding our packing schedule)
- Take the bag and list home and have fun shopping
- Return the shopping bag, list and items to the designated container in the narthex no later than Sunday, October 16th
- Purchase one of our main dish items online by using our Walmart wishlist: https://www.walmart.com/lists/shared/WL/8392a76c-8d9f-4ca4-bfef-e110aa1fe3d6.
It can be delivered directly to the church (no more carrying these heavy items) Please be sure items arrive at the church no later than Sunday October 16th
OPTION #3 -
- Make a donation to help sponsor a child or children and we will do the bulk shopping for you. Donations can be made online using your mypenderpage or by writing a check and specifying it go to the line item: GBE Backpack Program
If you have questions, please contact Ann Hines or Jami Flemmons.
Thank you for supporting this ministry in our community!