Welcome to Men's Ministry
Pender Men’s Group is a completely self-funded social organization for men of all ages and walks of faith led and called by the Spirit of God to serve, educate, and develop disciples for Christ. We do this through fellowship, spiritual growth, and service to our members, Pender Church, and the greater community of Christ. If you feel led to participate or are just curious to learn more, please attend one of our monthly dinner meetings - It could be your first step to a new life with Christ!
Groups meet at varying times - from Wednesday night suppers to Saturday morning breakfast and Bible studies. We support local outreach including providing clothing and furniture to needy community members, fund short term mission trips from fundraising activities, sponsor a Cub Scout Pack and Boy Scout Troop, repair elderly members' homes, support prison ministries, and much more. Talk to Dave Cacner or Guy Wilson about opportunities to do stuff with other guys!
Pender United Methodist Men invite and encourages all men (young adults to retirees) of the church to join in fellowship, spiritual growth, and service to others. The men’s group serves to educate and develop leaders and Christians with a heart for serving our church, our community and the worldwide community of Christ. View some of our sponsored missions here. Our activities revolve around four core objectives:
- Growing in the teachings of Christ to better equip men with the unique challenges Christ calls them to take on in daily life;
- Helping each other become better fathers, husbands, leaders, and Christians;
- Serving together to reach out to the greater community of Christ locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Engaging in fun and exciting activities designed to raise the FUN factor of life.
Regular 4th Wednesday Dinner Meetings (Let us know you're coming for dinner here):
- Join us and catch up on all the exciting activities we have planned for Pender Men in 2017!
- First time guests eat for FREE! Returning members pay just $6 for a fabulous meal and dessert made by our own Pender ladies: Ruth and her kitchen angels.
- Dinner starts promptly at 7 pm. Hope to see you there!
CFC #92226 ReGift Thrift: Federal workers have an option now to donate to Pender ReGift Thrift Store through the Combined Federal Campaign.